Do you have a strong knowledge in the funds industry and in managing people? Are you proactive, problem solving and team player? If you want to make a next step in your career and to join a dynamic company, growing and developing, this could be a great challenge for you!
About the company
Our client is an alternative investments firm with funds investing in private equity, real estate and credit across Europe, the US and Asia. The group makes investments in companies, sectors and regions where there is an opportunity to make a difference through a consistent application of an industrial approach, access to specialist expertise and a strategy geared towards growth and development. The group has raised approximately EUR 50 billion and invested more than EUR 22 billion of that in portfolio companies across the world..
Tasks and responsibilities
- Reporting to and providing periodic reporting to the AIFM board and working closely with the management team
- Responsible for a team of five located in Luxembourg and other countries
- Establishing adequate and effective internal controls, policies and mechanisms around the AIFM’s and fund’s financial reporting processes
- Attending board meetings to provide operational expertise and recommendations to the AIFM board and management team
- Overseeing the work done by finance related third party service providers
- Attending cross functional meetings (portfolio managers and other functional heads within the organisation)
- Responsible for the review of fund documentation to ensure operational processes are detailed accurately
- Responsible for the review of fund reports and financial statements
- Responsible for the relationship with the internal finance team located at HQ
- Responsible for the audit of all the funds and fund related corporate entities (liaising with external auditors, ensuring maximum efficiency and cost effectiveness)
- Participating to ad-hoc projects including new funds launching
- University degree in finance, accounting or business with a focus in alternative investments
- First experience in Big 4, in fund administration or related positions
- At least 12 years previous relevant experience
- Team management skills
- Accounting qualification is a plus
- Good knowledge of fund industry and the legal framework in the financial market in Luxembourg
- Knowledge of IFRS, tax and legal exposure is a plus
- Team player with a strong sense of urgency and accuracy
- Strong communicator, pro-active, problem solving and results driven
If you are interested in this position, please contact: email@example.com, or call on 00352-28 389 1.
We believe that recruitment can be done more carefully, sincerely and with more passion. We see these aspects as essential to connect our candidates and clients. Our extensive network enables us to meet the needs of our clients and candidates. Pleasure and growth assured!
Saro Recruitment. We think People.